Friday, April 05, 2013

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

   The quick review for the ADHD crowd is, don't bother, save your money and time, this game is nothing but a corporate cash grab capitalizing on your love of the Dixon boys.

   It's really too bad that Activision took this route following TellTale's choose your own adventure game that came in handy over the Christmas holiday break.  Where TellTale took time and drove the game by making you care about the characters and your decisions this title is destined for the discount bins with due haste.
   I tried very hard to like this game but after visiting the exact same "detour" stop 3 times along the back roads route in my search for Merle I lost all hope.  Especially seeing that my zombie enemies were in the exact same spot as my previous encounters regardless of the fact that I was there for a different reason each time.
   The characters I encountered along my journey were bland and dry and I didn't care either way if they died or not when I sent them out on various scavenging missions. I actually kind of hoped they wouldn't return in most cases as the dialog they would spew annoyed me more than anything.
   I could go into great detail and go on and on but why bother.  I'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of poor reviews for this title littering your Google searches and will continue to be until the travesty of this game is corrected, which of course will never happen.
   Activision could have had a huge hit here considering the following that The Walking Dead has after 3 short years and a huge future of syndication ahead.  All in all I wish I spent my $49.99 on something more useful like a hoard of Spam or scratch-n-dented pipe cleaners.

  And that's my 2 sense worth, take it or leave it...
OK, I'll shuddup now.

Cheers

No comments: